Monday, July 12, 2010

First Post


I don't know what possessed us to do this. It's been A LOT of equipment and a BIG chunk of change. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm very excited. I think this journey will be lots of fun. After much research online, hobbyists' advice, and several books and outlines later, we were ready to dive in. Our first saltwater aquarium.

Greg and I had both had freshwater aquariums, which inevitably had failed. So let's make it more complicated! Undaunted by the complexity and drawn by the overwhelming beauty of saltwater fish and coral, we were drawn in, sirens drawing us into a vortex.

Join us as we try to successfully launch our first saltwater aquarium. Ultimately, we decided to go with a 75-gallon rectangular, glass tank with 75 lbs of live rock for biological filtration. Our 40 gallon, acrylic sump in the cabinet under the stand supports a kick-ass protein skimmer and large media reactor (with carbon). Equipped with a state-of-the-art German flux capacitor, it can also do our annual income tax report and travel back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment